Despite the Covid lockdowns, many of our kids with special needs are in school and face all of the safety issues that existed before Covid. Please invite your child's teacher to apply for an NAA Big Red Safety Box Teachers Toolkit.
NAA’s Big Red Safety Teacher Toolkit® includes:
- Printed educational materials and tools in our BeREDy booklet for teachers
- Two (2) Door/Window Alarms including batteries
- Five (5) Laminated Adhesive Stop Sign Visual Prompts for doors and windows
- If you need additional stop signs, alarms, or other safety-related items, they can be purchased separately in our Big Red Safety Shop.
- All printed materials can be downloaded for free here.
- NAA Big Red Safety Teacher Toolkit® grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to all qualifying applicants while supplies last. You are not required to make a donation to receive one.
NAA’s Big Red Safety Teacher Toolkits® have a retail value of over $25.00. If you would like to help NAA continue this program, we ask you to please consider Paying it Forward by making an optional donation when requesting your free NAA Big Red Safety Teacher Toolkit®.
Regardless of any tools already in place, if an individual’s medical condition interferes with their ability to recognize danger or stay safe, it is critical to maintain close supervision and security in all settings. For more information and ways to prevent wandering-related incidents, please visit http://awaare.org.