COVID-19 Resources for Families and Individuals
Teaching Tools for Individuals with Autism:
- What’s COVID-19? Click here.
- Coronavirus Social Story via Little Puddins: https://littlepuddins.ie/coronavirus-social-story/
- Handwashing Visual Steps via n2y: Click here.
- CDC Handwashing Guide for Families: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/pdf/family_handwashing-508.pdf
Tips for Caregivers and Individuals:
- Article on Coping with Routine Disruption: https://themighty.com/2020/03/covid-19-autism-routine-disruption/
- Article on Managing Quarantine as an Adult on the Spectrum: https://bit.ly/3eSmoqG
- A Guide on How to Help Kids and Family Members: https://www.nctsn.org/sites/default/files/resources/fact-sheet/outbreak_factsheet_1.pdf
- Article Explaining, and How to Explain, a Global Health Crisis to Children and Individuals with Autism: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/neuroscience-in-translation/202003/how-explain-global-health-crisis-children-autism