Cigarettes Don’t Cause Lung Cancer and Vaccines Don’t Cause Autism: A Review of J.B. Handley’s New Book How to End the Autism Epidemic
A 1953 study showed that tobacco tar swabbed onto mice caused cancer. It took 45 years and mountains of additional science to finally defeat big tobacco. Handley calls autism tobacco 2.0. We are bombarded over and over with messages like “vaccines do not cause autism”, “the science is settled”, and “vaccines are safe and effective.” None of these statements are true but that is what we are all supposed to believe. Big Tobacco put out numerous fraudulent scientific studies that claimed to prove that cigarettes do not cause lung cancer. Many CDC sponsored scientific studies claiming that vaccines don’t cause autism are equally fraudulent. The documentary “Vaxxed” provides details of one such fraudulent study. Recent science overwhelmingly shows that vaccines do cause autism, but big pharma is using the same tactics as big tobacco to delay this realization from becoming established fact. This delay is causing enormous suffering. In How To End the Autism Epidemic, Handley covers the recent scientific discoveries in understandable detail. People who read this book will feel anger, sadness, and dismay. How can this damning science be covered up and how long will it take for the truth to break through big pharma’s lies and obfuscation?
Here are a few gems from the book with my comments in parentheses:
- “In the 1970s the rate of autism was documented to be just under one in ten thousand children. Today one in thirty-six kids has autism…” p.125(The factor that has changed since the 1970s is a massive increase in vaccines.)
- “…there are 277 times more kids with autism today than thirty years ago.” P.125
- “…surveys show fully one-third of Americans feel vaccines and autism are linked.” P.126
- “Only two countries in the world allow drug advertising on TV-the United States and New Zealand…” p.129(Media executives will not allow information that exposes problems with vaccines to be aired because that would offend their biggest advertisers. It might kill the golden goose.)
- “One of the primary PR firms working closely today with pharmaceutical companies is Hill & Knowlton, the same firm that helped Big Tobacco delay their day of reckoning by decades.” P.131
- “Because of this science, we now know that autism is created by immune activation events in the brain during critical phases of brain development… these immune activation events in the brain can be triggered by the aluminum adjuvant in vaccines.” P.141
- “In 1962 a child following the CDC’s recommended schedule would have received three vaccines by age five. In 1983 a child following the CDC’s recommended schedule would have received ten vaccines by age five. In 2017 a child following the CDC’s recommended schedule received thirty-eight vaccines by age five, nearly quadruple what a child received in the 1980s and more that twelve times what a child received in the 1960s. p. 55-56 (Kids today get many more vaccines and many more toxins like aluminum in those vaccines than in years past. Why has there been such a drastic increase in vaccines? Vaccines are now very profitable. Legislation in 1986 gave vaccine companies and doctors immunity from lawsuits. An explosion in vaccines soon followed. What a great business model: Force nearly everyone to buy your products and have no liability for injuries and deaths caused by those products.)
- “Before the vaccine had been introduced, it’s worth noting that the death rate from measles in the United States had already declined by 99.96 percent from its peak in the mid-1800s. p.72 (Vaccines were not responsible for the drastic decreases in infectious diseases. Sanitation and better nutrition were the main factors.)
- “Fewer than 1 % of vaccine adverse events are reported.” P.114(Here is an example: 432 deaths from vaccines were reported in 2016 to VAERS- The Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. Multiply by 100 to get closer to the actual number of deaths caused by vaccines that year.)
- Two quotes from a vaccinated versus unvaccinated study done by public health researchers at Jackson State University: (1) “…vaccinated children were found to have a fourfold higher likelihood of having autism.” (2) “…children born prematurely and vaccinated were fourteen times more likely to develop a neurodevelopmental disorder.” P.102-103 (few vaccinated versus unvaccinated studies have been done. Handley mentions five. They all show that the unvaccinated children are far healthier than the vaccinated children. There are more than 200,000 Amish children in North America. Most of them are unvaccinated and remarkably healthy. Those who advocate for an ever-increasing vaccine schedule studiously ignore the Amish. Google my previous article “Let’s Go Find Unvaccinated Children with Autism” for more on the Amish and other unvaccinated populations.)
- “The whole point of this book: Vaccines can and do cause autism.” P.192
I could go on and on, but you get the idea. The quotes above are just a tiny fraction of the priceless information presented in this book. It is a must-read for people seeking the truth about vaccines and autism.
Dr. Gaunt is a retired Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine. He has also taught chemistry, biology, and anatomy at the high school and college levels. His other articles can be accessed by googling “articles by Dr. William H. Gaunt at ageofautism.com.