Note: You know Cathy Jameson for her weekly posts: sometimes amusing, often heart stopping, always required Sunday reading. Her sister Bridget went out of her way to see VaXxed The Movie and wrote about the experience. Family members can be our source of the greatest support or the biggest disappointment. You can read the full post and much more from Cathy at her blog. And since Cathy often ends her Sunday posts with a song, check out my choice at the end of this post. Feel free to dance. It's Friday, after all! Kim
A Family Member Speaks Up about VaxXed
Painfully aware of what's happened to Ronan, extended family members know that vaccines have done more harm than good. Not every family member is in agreement - and have made that quite clear to us, but a few have quietly supported us through every hurdle, seizure and setback Ronan has experienced. I don't know if I'll ever be able to fully express how much our their support means to me.
When I found out that some of our extended family were going to be attending a Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe screening in their area, I cried. Then I made sure to thank them. By attending the screening, they jumped out of their comfort zone and bravely spoke up with us.
After seeing Vaxxed, my sister, who has been one of Ronan's biggest and most vocal cheerleaders over the years, felt called to share her thoughts about the film. I know that she may get flack for sharing what she did on her FB wall, but she shares as an eye witness to what happened to Ronan. I can think of no one better to offer such important information than someone who has seen firsthand the negative consequences of vaccines.
After I read through her post, I asked my sister if I could share it here. She said yes, and I'm so glad.
My sister is my best friend. She's an amazing aunt (and Godmother!) to Ronan and also a great writer. She's put together some great points - ones that the autism-vaccine community has shared over and over again but ones the mainstream news so quickly glosses over.
I hope you take time to read through her post (below). I also hope that you share it. It's so very well written and should be read by many.
From Ronan's aunt:
This weekend I was able to go see the movie Vaxxed, which was followed by a Q&A with the director and the producer. I was both deeply moved by the stories told and deeply disturbed by the information presented. I've been hesitating about whether to say anything about the movie since it involves such a hot button topic, but I've decided that I must. If you don't care to read any more, just keep scrolling past this. If you don't mind reading more, then buckle in. I've compiled a list of reasons why you should go see this movie while you can.
- You do understand that a person can have an adverse reaction to a vaccine.
- You think the science is 100% sound and shouldn't be questioned.
- You think anyone who questions vaccine safety is a quack.
- You have ever referred to a vaccine questioning parent as "stupid" but figure maybe it's time to back that name calling up with some info.
- You think that the manipulation of data has no business in science.
- You are ok with the manipulation of data if it's for "the greater good."
- You understand that most people who question vaccines actually know someone who was vaccine injured.
- You believe that parental rights still mean something, especially with regard to medical procedures with known adverse reactions.
- You check all the ingredients for every food your child with food allergies may ingest but you've never checked the ingredients of the over 30 shots that a child is supposed to receive by age 6.
- You are pregnant or have an infant right now and want more information about why anyone would question vaccine safety.