Look what WE spotted! Turns out it's NOT we - the unvaccinating, over-educated, under-Patriotic parents of vaccine injured kids - who are the cause of the Mickey Mouse Measles Madness. The latest from NBC (Never Believe Causation) News is as follows:
Disney Measles Outbreak Came From Overseas, CDC Says.
An outbreak of measles that started in California's Disneyland probably came from overseas, carried either by a foreign tourist or by an American coming back with the virus, a top federal health official said Thursday.
The virus has now infected 94 people in eight states, and 67 can be clearly linked to Disneyland, California health officials report. Because measles is so contagious, more cases can be expected.
"We don't know exactly how this outbreak started but we do think it was likely a person infected with measles overseas," Dr. Anne Schuchat of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told reporters.
"We assume that someone got infected with measles overseas, visited Disneyland park, and spread the disease to others."
Yadda, yadda, yadda.... "There's no harm in getting another MMR vaccine." Dr. Anne Schuchat of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Except for this bit of info from the MMRII package insert. Here are some excerpts, read the package insert to learn more.
- Women of childbearing age should be advised not to become pregnant for 3 months after vaccination and should be informed of the reasons for this precaution.
- Postpubertal females should be informed of the frequent occurrence of generally self-limited arthralgia and/or arthritis beginning 2 to 4 weeks after vaccination
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the vaccine, including gelatin.
- Anaphylactic or anaphylactoid reactions to neomycin
- Febrile respiratory illness or other active febrile infection.
- Patients receiving immunosuppressive therapy.
- Individuals with blood dyscrasias, leukemia, lymphomas of any type, or other malignant neoplasms
- affecting the bone marrow or lymphatic systems.
- Due caution should be employed in administration of M-M-RII to persons with a history of cerebral injury, individual or family histories of convulsions, or any other condition in which stress due to fever should be avoided.
- Live measles vaccine and live mumps vaccine are produced in chick embryo cell culture. Persons with a history of anaphylactic, anaphylactoid, or other immediate reactions (e.g., hives, swelling of the mouth and throat, difficulty breathing, hypotension, or shock) subsequent to egg ingestion may be at an enhanced risk of immediate-type hypersensitivity reactions after receiving vaccines containing traces of chick embryo antigen.