VOR is our newest sponsoer. Please like the FaceBook page and follow them on Twitter @VOR_net.
VOR is a national, nonprofit organization advocating for high quality care and human rights for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including autism (I/DD). We're delighted to have this opportunity to share with you information about the work VOR does and the news and issues of importance to our constituency with I/DD.
If you ever have any questions about our organization, please contact Julie Huso or Tamie Hopp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week's newsletter included:
1. Facebook 500! Help VOR reach 500 Likes
2. Introducing Ellen Laurence, VOR’s new Colorado State Coordinator
3. Annual Conference Speaker Feature: Meet Kim Stagliano – Mother, Advocate, Speaker and Author (See more and REGISTER HERE.)
4. Kentucky: State Senate Judiciary Committee approves bill that would create an adult protection registry
5. California: Developmental Center families are worried
6. Kansas: State Becomes First to Outsource Disability
7. Washington State: ActionDD responds to biased DD Services State Audit
8. Washington State: Some mental-health officials oppose commitment bill
9. Tennessee: Disabilities website helps doctors communicate with, treat patients; Site also meant as resource for patients, caregivers
10. Medicaid’s exclusion of dental patients with special needs