By LJ Goes
Noah up since about 1:00 a.m. Just tried to give him his morning medicine. Screamed, threw it. Said, "no mom, please!" Which, is an extraordinary statement and a reason to celebrate. He communicated his feelings perfectly. I am shocked he still has a voice when he's been singing and screaming all night long.
Get him dressed, make his lunch, include a note letting his teachers know he will need a nap.
Open email: " LJ, Please pray for my daughter ***. She is having exploratory surgery at 9:00. Have been at hospital since Sunday night with her in terrible pain right where here enterra (gastric stimulator) is. Please pray they see what is wrong and it's an easy fix.
This 19 year old had to have this device implanted after she got the Gardasil shot. Her stomach and intestines quit functioning immediately after it was administered. But of course, her intestines just spontaneously quit working. No correlation because correlation does not equal causation. Nopers. Just like people who get shot in the head spontaneously bleed out and die. Just because they have a bullet in their cranium does not mean a gun was involved. That bullet could have gotten there any number of ways.
NT son wakes up asks me if wasp-esss-ez die when they sting you. Asks me why we die and lets me know he wants to have a picnic today like they do on Jake and the Pirates.
Get a message from a friend. "Please do not take this personally but I really can't follow you on FB anymore. I cannot take what you write. It's too horrible and the daily reminder of what you guys are going through is taking a toll on me. Sorry. Love you guys and hope you are not mad. Kids are so cute though."
I let my friend know that I really don't want to follow me anymore either but I don't have the choice to delete me from my own life, no matter how great the desire might be. Truth be told, glad to see this gal go because I only have room for strong grown ups in my life.
I am asked to participate on a committee to help children get proper behavioral services, to write an article about autism politics, and speak at an autism fair at a local college.
Looking thru schedule to figure if any of these projects is feasible I am told by my daughter that I used to be cool. Why don't I like clothes anymore and why don't I put makeup on like I used it.
It is at this moment I realize I have a 200 dollar mito test to perform on Noah that has been sitting in our drawer for two weeks. When he comes home from school today we will have to restrain him to get 4 cheek swabs worth of DNA that will have to be frozen and sent cross country in a styrofoam pack that must be opened and the contents tested within 24 hours from the time the test was taken. If we fail to get it to the lab in NY in time the test (and the 100 in shipping costs) is useless.
I look at all the tests and medical procedures we have scheduled over the next month.
I will not be able to speak or write, but I will be able to participate on the committee.
Step over 2 piles of folded laundry and 6 to be done. Have not showered since Wednesday.
I am so flipping tired. I miss sleeping. But most of all, I miss the comforting notion that everything is okay. Because it's not. I get why my weak friend has to de-friend. It's not at all okay and my presence in her life is a constant reminder of that. I am a part of the 1% of moms who know what happened to their kids and will not shut up about it. The 1% that is spreading the word to the other 99%. The moms that:
read the research
do the work
contact their congressmen
help their kids GET BETTER (reduce symptoms)
network with doctors, nurses, and naturopaths who know what is happening to our children.
Changed their kid's toxic diet
Rallies against harmful DNA containing foods (G.M.O.)
Reads legislation (understands dems and repubs are both controlled by special interests and NOT the ones you think!)
Understands how the Department of Health and Human Services really works (and how they work with the CDC to keep the lid on the autism epidemic they caused)
and helps other parents understand how they can get real help that matters for their children.
Can you please help us bump that number up to 2%? Be one of the parents who get involved. Figure it out and pay it forward. Because most of us have been up since 1 am and we are tired.
Happy Friday, the rev
Lisa Joyce Goes is Vice President of Public Relations for The Thinking Moms’ Revolution www.thinkingmomsrevolution.com, a Contributing Editor for Age of Autism, and National Executive Board Member of the Canary Party www.canaryparty.org