Wednesday, September 24 at 2:00 PM
210 Cannon House Office Building
Independence Avenue, Washington, DC.
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) is hosting a special briefing for Members of Congress and their Staff to update them on recent developments in the vaccine-autism debate.
David Kirby, investigative journalist and author of The New York Times bestseller Evidence of Harm, Mercury in Vaccines and the Autism Epidemic – A Medical Controversy, will inform Members and their staff about developments in this debate from science, public policy, politics and law. Mr. Kirby will be joined Mark Blaxill, Director of the Coalition for SAFE MINDS.
Among the issues to be discussed are:
● A recent Vaccine Court case in which the federal government conceded that vaccines induced autism in one girl with an underlying mitochondrial dysfunction.
● Possible links between mitochondrial dysfunction and autistic regression, and information on several ASD children with mitochondrial issues;
● State-of-the-art research underway at top universities on the connection between environmental toxins, mitochondrial function, oxidative stress, glutathione depletion, neuro-inflammation and autistic encephalopathy;
● Research agendas from the CDC and NIH that include investigations into links between vaccines and neuro-immune disorders
● The scope and implications of the autism epidemic. How scientific politics is preventing policy from catching up to the problem.
● Ongoing research into connections between mercury exposure and autism. Why most of what is reported is inaccurate.
● Reframing concerns over the vaccine program: It’s not a question of being pro or con vaccines, but rather a question of safety management.
We are asking all of our members to contact their elected representatives and urge them to attend.
A RUNNING TALLY OF CONGRESSIONAL RSVPS WILL BE KEPT AT WWW.AGEOFAUTISM.COM,
IF YOU RECEIVE ANY REPLY FROM LAWMAKERS IN YOUR STATE, PLEASE FORWARD THAT INFORMATION TO firstname.lastname@example.org