By Claudine Liss
Last Friday evening, September 5, 2008, I had the opportunity to ask Senator Barack Obama about childhood vaccine safety/choice. His response, “I am not for selective vaccination, I believe that it will bring back deadly diseases, like polio.”
He went onto say in so many words that he is for more science and the funding of more science if it’s needed. (His science response is fuzzy, as his first response stunned me for a second). I previously gave his staffer a folder of information on vaccines. The Senator promised me that he would take a look at it.
I thank you Senator Obama for stating your opinion on vaccines. Feel free to elaborate or clarify in the future.
Senator McCain, Do you have an opinion on vaccine safety/choice? Will you accept and review the same packet of information Senator Obama promised me that he would review?
Senators, here’s some common sense information to ponder: (I am purposely keeping things simple.)
1. Every barbeque I went to this past summer had at least one (1) autistic child in attendance; several parties had children with severe food allergies and/or food processing issues. One infant I met can’t process sugar. (Approx. 10 parties in different US locations, as far away as CA.) Maybe I am wrong, but this does not seem right to me. What are the odds?
2. I make it a point to talk to longtime educators. Longtime educators can compare children of today with children of 25 plus years ago. Many educators that I have talked to are concerned, which makes me concerned, see, their students are suffering from chronic asthma, food allergies, arthritis, diabetes, ADD, ADHD, other learning disabilities, speech problems, sensory perception issues, autism, and on and on. The children they taught 25 years ago did not have these problems/illnesses in such great numbers.
3. The need for special education teachers and facilities keeps growing. Why?
4. 1 in 6 US children have some form of a learning disability, a year 2004 CDC number.
5. The US government admits to a vaccine-autism connection (Poling decision), and States continue to mandate new vaccines for school entrance (i.e.: flu shot in NJ). Caution thrown to the wind, in my opinion.
6. What about other nations? To the best of my knowledge, Canada. England, Japan and other foreign nations allow their parents to opt into their respective vaccine protocols. To the best of my knowledge, children are not kept out of school if they are not vaccinated or selectively vaccinated. Are diseases killing children in these countries? Are the rates of chronic illness in their children equal to the US figures? Are we being guided by fear in the US instead of logic? Are we eradicating certain diseases and replacing them with chronic autoimmune and/or neurological illnesses?
7. The US government, to the best of my knowledge, has never studied the health of the fully vaccinated, under-vaccinated, and un-vaccinated populations to compare and contrast chronic illness rates. Why?
Senators McCain and Senator Obama, if you decide to speak out publicly on the vaccine issue, please do me a favor and first read information from some of the people mentioned below. Some really bright people have been talking/writing about vaccine choice/safety for years and years; Philip Incao, M.D., Mayer Eisenstein M.D. (Chicago), Sherri Tenpanny D.O., Harris L. Coulter, Ph.D., Tedd Koren D.C., Barbara Loe Fisher, Amy L. Lansky Ph.D., Tim O’Shea, D.C., Neil Miller, Kenneth Boch, M.D., Bryan Jepson M.D., Jane Johnson, Robert Mendelsohn, M.D., Randall Neustaedter, O.M.D., Stephanie Cave, M.D., Bernard Rimland Ph.D. There are many more from all over the world not mentioned here. (The latest addition is Jon Poling, M.D.)
Both of you have daughters. Start with Charlotte Haug, M.D., Ph.D’s recent article on Gardasil posted in the New England Journal of Medicine.
Claudine Liss, Esq. (NJ)
Claudine Liss (accountant/lawyer) is a practicing real estate lawyer in NJ, indie filmmaker and writer. She is the mother of 2 children, Chloe 12, Max 7. She has followed the autism explosion for 12 years. Her interest in the vaccine/asthma-allergy connection was sparked after reading the Coulter/Fisher book “A Shot In the Dark.” Her son Max was hospitalized at 3 months old. He was lifeless, turning blue and filled with mucous. He was later diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and asthma. Claudine credits acupuncture for getting Max to almost perfect health.