Chapter 7 of Vaccine Whistleblower by Kevin Barry, with foreword by Robert Kennedy, Jr is titled, Potential Next Steps for Policy Makers. As the Presidential election draws near, we thought we'd share this chapter with our readers. Thank you to Kevin Barry and Skyhorse Publishing.
“Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.” —Winston Churchill
Elected officials and policy makers at all levels should pay attention to Dr. Thompson’s revelations in these transcripts and subpoena Dr. Thompson and his CDC co-authors to testify before Congress. It will be necessary to use subpoena power to require Dr. Thompson to testify because it is unlikely that his attorney, an expert in whistleblower cases, would allow him to testify unless compelled. Some of Dr. Thompson’s co-authors told him that they would never voluntarily appear before Congress in the future. Congress would likely have to subpoena them as well.
Potential next steps for President Obama
- Support requests for a Congressional investigation regarding the 100,000 vaccine safety documents Dr. Thompson has already turned over to Congress.
- Assure Dr. Thompson of full protection under the federal whistleblower statute.
- Reassign Drs. Boyle, Yeargin-Allsopp and Destefano to less sensitive positions—preferably positions unrelated to vaccine safety— inside the CDC while the investigation is pending.
- Realize that that the entire vaccine program is in the Executive Branch and hold the CDC accountable if the investigation proves Dr. Thompson’s description of the culture of corruption inside the CDC is accurate.
- Request extradition of indicted fugitive vaccine researcher Dr. Poul Thorsen from Denmark to the United States to be tried for the serious crimes of which he has been accused.
- Immediately rescind the request for media censorship of vaccine safety issues, which apparently was authorized by the White House—and communicated by the HHS secretary—in 2010. (See Chapter 10)
- Support the release of data, which the CDC collected for the Study to Explore Early Development (SEED) to an international independent body, such as the Cochrane Collaboration. The CDC and their partner organizations like Autism Speaks cannot be trusted to research this data honestly.
- Remove vaccine safety from the CDC’s purview. The same agency cannot be responsible for promoting vaccine uptake and protecting vaccine safety. Dr. Thompson’s suggestion of an FAA/NTSB model is reasonable.
- Support an Amendment to the Minamata Convention on Mercury, a U.N.-sponsored international treaty to limit environmental mercury exposures, to remove the exclusion for “vaccines containing Thimerosal” (Annex A, section E) as Thimerosal is known to cause tics and may be causing more severe harm
- Issue an Executive Order removing Thimerosal from all vaccines in the United States as soon as possible because Thimerosal causes tics and may be causing greater harm.
- Support moving all vaccines worldwide to single dose vials, eliminating the need for a toxic preservative. Work to improve cold chain storage in the developing world to make this possible
- Support projects in the developing world for clean water and improved sanitation to combat infectious diseases. Supplement those projects with vaccination for diseases or conditions endemic in regions where clean water and good sanitation are not available.
Potential next steps for 2016 Presidential Candidates