By J.B. Handley
“In a complex system, however, mistakes are not measured in degrees but in whole orders of magnitude.”
- Nate Silver, The Signal and the Noise
In the above quote, author Nate Silver is discussing the fact that Moody’s and S&P--the pre-eminent financial ratings agencies in the world-- underestimated the default risk of CDO funds by a factor of over 200, facilitating the implosion of the housing bubble and a worldwide recession.
Put another way, the financial experts at S&P and Moody’s predicted that certain financial instruments would have a default rate of just 0.12 percent (just over one tenth of one percent), when the actual default rate turned out to be 28%.
How could so many smart people be so stupid?
This question lies at the heart of a battle and debate that so many of us are currently fighting—is it possible that our health authorities, in an attempt to prevent every infectious disease they could through the use of vaccines, ended up creating a whole different set of problematic health outcomes in our children?
Here are the facts we know to be true:
- Vaccines can cause immune system, brain, gut, and other neurological damage. There is simply no dispute about the ability of vaccine’s to injure some portion of the children who receive them.
- The number of vaccines given has risen dramatically since the mid-1980s, from 10 or less to nearly 40, and the majority of vaccines are given during the first 2 years of a child’s life.
- There has been an explosion in autism, ADHD, food allergies, and so many other auto-immune disorders during this same period of time
- There has never been any testing for the cross-reactivity of vaccines or any monitoring of the potential damage that layering on so many new vaccines to the US immunization schedule might be doing to our children—it has been an experiment of unprecedented scale.
Dr. Donald Miller, University of Washington, corroborates many of these points:
The [vaccine] schedule states, "Your child can safely receive all vaccines recommended for a particular age during one visit." Public health officials, however, have not proven that it is indeed safe to inject this many vaccines into infants. What's more, they cannot explain why, concurrent with an increasing number of vaccinations, there has been an explosion of neurologic and immune system disorders in our nation's children.
Fifty years ago, when the immunization schedule contained only four vaccines (for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and smallpox), autism was virtually unknown. First discovered in 1943, this most devastating malady in what is now a spectrum of pervasive developmental disorders afflicted less than 1 in 10,000 children. Today, one in every 68 American families has an autistic child. Other, less severe developmental disorders, rarely seen before the vaccine era, have also reached epidemic proportions. Four million American children have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. One in six American children are now classified as "Learning Disabled."
Our children are also experiencing an epidemic of autoimmune disorders — Type I diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and bowel disorders. There has been a 17-fold increase in Type I diabetes, from 1 in 7,100 children in the 1950s to 1 in 400 now. Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis afflicts 300,000 American children. Twenty-five years ago this disease was so rare that public health officials did not keep any statistics on it. There has been a 4-fold increase in asthma, and bowel disorders in children are much more common now than they were 50 years ago.
* * *
In a system with this much complexity, as Nate Silver has explained, the chance to make a huge predictive error grows exponentially, and I personally believe that’s what has happened with our kids. In trying to do the right thing, our health officials may have created a world far worse than they ever knew possible, and 1 in 84 children (and so many more with other conditions like ADHD, deadly food allergies, etc.) are perhaps paying a huge price for their mistakes.
The above paragraph is just my opinion, and I think it’s ridiculous that the one study that could shed some light on all of this, a study so easy to do, a study our own Dan Olmsted has been writing about for almost 10 years, is still not getting done, largely because some people are scared to death of the possible outcome:
Study the health outcomes of unvaccinated children and see if they differ from children who have received vaccines.
We could learn so much, we could know so much, we could know if the hypothesis many of us share holds any truth…and we finally have the chance to do just that!!
Behind the scenes, researchers at a major US university have been trying to get an unvaccinated children study done. The study has reached a critical juncture, and I’m writing to our community to appeal for help in funding. Here are the details:
- The study is called, “Vaccination Status and Health Outcomes among Homeschool Children.”
- Research is being done by epidemiologists at Jackson State University
From Jackson State University:
“This study concerns a major current health question: namely, whether vaccination is linked in any way to children's long-term health. Vaccination is one of the greatest discoveries in medicine, yet little is known about its long-term impact. The objective of this study is to evaluate the effects of vaccination by comparing vaccinated and unvaccinated children in terms of a number of major health outcomes, including asthma, autism, diabetes, and learning disability. The study involves a partnership between Jackson State University (JSU), Jackson, MS and the National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI), Salem, OR, which has long been involved in research on homeschool education…This study has been reviewed and approved by the Institutional Review Board of Jackson State University”
The study has been underway for 1 year. The researchers have 2 years to go. They need support to finish the work, namely:
- The total cost of the study is approximately $500,000
- Approximately $100,000 has been raised to date to fund the study
So, in order to finish the work and see the first documented data comparing vaccinated and unvaccinated children, an additional $400,000 needs to be raised.
Some comments about fundraising for the study:
1. If you can help, please donate directly through the Generation Rescue website, HERE. (Note: Generation Rescue is not conducting the study, we just want to see the study completed so the data can be collected and analyzed, whatever the outcome. By clicking through this donation link, you can make sure 100% of your donation goes to the study.)
2. If you are in a position to donate a sizable amount and would like to learn more details about the study, please contact Generation Rescue and we will help provide information or the appropriate introduction: 1-877-98-AUTISM
3. Yes, mainstream autism organizations have been given the opportunity to help fund this study and they have declined to do so
This is such important work, I hope everyone who reads this can help in some way. Earlier this week, my wife and I contributed $5,000 through the GR site to help support the study, and I hope everyone who is in a position to help will do so--thanks for listening!
J.B. Handley is co-founder of Generation Rescue and contributor to Age of Autism.